815 N. El Centro Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90038
Tel (323) 463-2119
Services Provided in this County
Identifying and helping at-risk families with young children can prevent problems from spiraling out of control and becoming serious emotional disorders that surface years later. These EMQ FamiliesFirst services help families nurture their children in the early years of life, through home counseling visits, parenting workshops, health care, dental care, mental health services, and more.
- Hollygrove's therapeutic after school program provides after school services to children ages 6 to 13, three days a week, in Los Angeles County. The program focuses on literacy and school achievement, healthy leisure and recreational activities, gang prevention, addiction prevention and awareness, social skills, problem solving skills, conflict resolution, appropriate expression of feelings and thoughts, stress and anger management and relationship building. > Full Service Description
Educationally Related Intensive Counseling Services (ERICS/GROVE)
Educationally Related Intensive Counseling Services (ERICS)
- ERICS is a counseling program that partners with charter and private schools to provide mental health services for students with IEP's and 504 plans whose behavioral and emotional needs are significantly impacting their academic functioning. We offer a flexible, strengths-based approach, which allows clinicians to work with students in an environment that is most helpful to their progress (i.e. home, classroom, playground, community, etc.). We also offer workshops, seminars and camps to support healthier school communities. > Full Service Description
Family Search and Engagement/Family Finding
Helps reconnect foster children with safe, healthy family members and speed their recovery from emotional trauma. Using internet search technology, we are able to find biological family members for children in the system. Once we have identified family members, we work to reestablish relationships and explore ways to find a permanent family placement for the child.
Family Therapeutic Services (Outpatient)
- Traditional clinic-based and community-based treatment services offered at home and in school for individual children and adolescents with serious emotional disorders and for family members in crisis. Family Therapeutic Services (Outpatient) helps children and their families alleviate suffering, recover from trauma, restore and maintain a healthy level of day-to-day functioning, and work toward optimal growth and development at home and in the community. > Full Service Description
Full Service Partnerships
Serves severely emotionally disturbed children, between the ages of 0-15, who live in south Los Angeles. Stabilizes high-risk children and their families and provides them with whatever treatment, services or resources they need to stay at home, recover from mental illness and remove barriers that prevent them from achieving healthy levels of functioning.
Project Fatherhood/Parent Academy
- Project Fatherhood Support for men of all ages, ethnicities and educational backgrounds who are caring for children - whether biological, foster or grandchildren. A safe and supportive environment for men to address their struggles as fathers and celebrate their successes. Their partners and children participate in support groups (such as Project Motherhood) at the time of the weekly Project Fatherhood meetings. Parent Academy Parent Academy provides a unique parenting support group at no cost for parents or caregivers and their children and is designed for all ages, ethnicities and educational backgrounds. Parent Academy provides group therapy, support, parenting education, an encouraging environment to give feedback on service enhancement, and a safe place to celebrate successes and overcome struggles. This program also provides families with basic needs such as food and clothing. > Full Service Description
Therapeutic Behavioral Services
- Available for eligible children who need short-term behavioral support in addition to any other mental health services they are receiving. The goal is to help children avoid being placed in a higher level of care, such as residential treatment, or to help children make a successful move to a lower level of care, such as returning home after residential treatment. TBS focuses on changing a child's behavior while emphasizing the child's strengths and works in collaboration with the child, caregivers and primary mental health provider. > Full Service Description
Wraparound offers individualized, comprehensive, community-based services and supports to children and teens with serious emotional and/or behavioral disturbances so they can be reunited or remain with their families and communities. Wraparound is based on a model of service that develops plans centered on the family and are built upon the child's and family's unique strengths.
No child will be discriminated against because of race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability.